, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

November 25, 2005

Cold Ride Home

I got in from work around 2:30 this morning and it was the coldest I've ridden in this month so far. I think it was around 21 degrees (which around here is nothing wait until January.) Never the less, I stayed pretty warm with the exception of my fingers. When I went to work 24 hours ago it was not bad out at all so I did not take my cold cold weather gloves. But when your as tough and resilient as me what are cold fingers really. Even when it's in the middle of the night and cold I still look forward to my pedal home. I ride really hard but it's still relaxing, maybe because I love bicycles so much. My absolute favorite ride during the winter is when I get called to go to work in the middle of the night and it has snowed. Why you may ask, because I get out my mountain bike and make tire tracks all the way to work on freshly laid snow.

I don't know why it is that I still carry this memory but many years ago I was visiting a friend of mine in Dillion, CO on my way to Moab. We walked downtown to have some drinks and it was snowing. In front of us passed a older guy on a vintage cruiser and he was laying down tracks on the fresh snow. It looked so cool, old guy, old bike making tracks in the snow atop the Rockies. I will never forget that, it's one of my neatest bicycle memories.

out

Comments on "Cold Ride Home"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com