, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

November 02, 2005

Quit Frankly I Find This Disgusting

This is a fairly interesting article, give it a quick once over.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20051101-104932-4054r.htm
My claim to fame is my far left leaning liberal politics. I know, I know many who are liberal and reading this will say I'm full of crap and not a true liberal. Don't you honestly find after reading this article that the stench of racism is abundant? So we have a black guy here that is going to run for the Senate, he's a Republican and evidently fairly conservative at that. I'm sure that he and I would more than likely not agree on much when it comes to politics. Sooo does that mean I think he should be pelted with Oreo cookies and called an "uncle tom." Disgusting if you ask me, and I'm embarrassed that my supposed "accepting" Democratic party would do such a thing.

Washington Times 10/2
State Sen. Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said she does not expect her party to pull any punches, including racial jabs at Mr. Steele, in the race to replace retiring Democratic U.S. Sen. Paul S. Sarbanes. "Party trumps race, especially on the national level," she said. "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It's democracy, perhaps at its worse, but it is democracy."

Lady, you are what is wrong with politics. There are so many people who would probably love to try their hand at politics even at just a local level. Because of you one would be insane to give it a shot. Oreo cookies, uncle tom... truly embarrassed I am. I may bask Republicans all the time and call them names but I still understand that we are all in this together and we're all Americans. I respect the idea that conservatism exists (I may not agree with it), I also respect law abiding Republicans, we just have a very different outlook on how things should be run. What do you fellow liberals think... am I nuts? I'm not going to bash you if you disagree.

out

Comments on "Quit Frankly I Find This Disgusting"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com