, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

November 01, 2005

Supreme Court Goof Balls

It looks as though we have a rather conservative person up for conformation to the Supreme Court. OK fair enough, I'm not happy about it being the liberal that I am. Here is my problem, everyone is concentrating on oh my god....ABORTION. Probably a bit of gay marriage thrown in there for good measure as well. Does anybody care about their fucking paycheck? Oh yeah, how about workers rights, organized labor, the environment, law enforcement authority (i.e. search/seizure). Jesus christ we are all in a big twist on these social issues. I like many libs. consider choice and gay rights very important. I'll tell you this though I consider other things more important that may very well effect my daily living, my ability to earn a fair wage and so forth.

We are so shallow...my god. He's a conservative, he's more than likely opposed to abortion and letting Joe and Frank get hitched. Does this truly surprise you? Look, if they overturn Roe it's just a matter of time before 14, 15 and 16 year old girls are found on the street with a coat hanger jammed up between their legs and they are dead. It's more than likely a fact and there will probably be many sacrificial lambs but there is nothing you and I will ever be able to do about it. Even if 90% of the U.S. was pro-choice it doesn't matter the Supreme Court has the last word.

Folks you better start caring for the issues that more than likely have a lot more to do with your life than (although very important) social issues. As a little sidebar to the tale consider this, it is now know that Bunny Pants won a second term on social issues. What does that tell you? We are so so shallow. Billiy Bob and Betty Jean down there in Georgia they don't have shit, the Republicans shit on them on a daily basis but Billy Bob says "I'm going to go vote for that George he hates the fags and I do too." Social issues... mmmmmm yum and so much fun.

out

Comments on "Supreme Court Goof Balls"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com