, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

December 15, 2005

ANWR

This is an article about drilling in ANWR. Yeah yeah I know we have to reduce our dependence on imported oil. I'm not so sure that drilling in ANWR would help with that much. I think the bigger problem is this, we need to change our ways as far as consumption. Christ just think if 50% of Americans decided to take an active role in conserving resources such as oil. Here is the deal, it's not just cars it's everything. Plastics, glass, paint all of this has a petroleum base to it.

Look, it's just my wife and I, we don't have any kids. We take an active role in trying consume less shit. We don't go out and buy all kinds of cheap plastic shit, we just don't buy that much stuff in the first place. All in all we try to make a smaller impact on the environment. Drilling in ANWR, I just don't feel that the nail is being hit on the head here. It's not so much about domestic production, it's in my opinion changing the way we operate in this country.

Am I saying that everyone needs to drive a hybrid... no, not at all. When you go out and buy a car, buy something that is REASONABLE. Reasonable meaning buy something that will serve your needs and that is it, not something that will serve your needs and then do all kinds of crazy shit and is the size of a Mack truck.

out

Comments on "ANWR"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com