, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

January 24, 2006

Is This Global Warming?


Living here in the upper Midwest of the U.S. we are generally accustomed to very, very harsh winters. I can remember when I was young the general rule of thumb was this...the first snow to fall was the last snow to leave. I can remember never not having snow to sled in throughout the winter. Now for the last several years the Winters have been very mild to say the least. Last year we had two cold snaps (20 below or so). This year we have had one, and it's already mid-January. We've had one snow and it was only like 3 or 4 inches, granted the wind was blowing 70 mph for 2 days and it shut down the state for the entire time.

This does concern me I must say, is this what global warming is and does? It would be one thing if it was just a fluke but this has been going on now for several years. I can tell you this much, where I live it is not suppose to be 68 degrees F in January nor is it suppose to be in the mid 50s all week like the forecast projects.

out

Comments on "Is This Global Warming?"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com