, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

January 24, 2006

Uzbekistan Human Rights Violations

Absolutely startling is what this is. I listen to Amy Goodman from Democracy Now via podcast without fail and to date I believe this was the most startling episode that I have listened to. This particular episode had an interview with fired British Ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murry. He reported on the horrific human rights violations committed by the Uzbek government.

I think the worst part of it is the United States has a rather cozy relationship with the Government there. As Murry points out, The U.S. is in Iraq for WMD....errrr I mean creating democracy and protecting human rights but at the same time propping up a government that is one of the worst human rights violators on the planet.

It is my opinion that you really need to take the time and listen to this interview. It's truly amazing the pain one human can inflict on another. I myself, I don't have a whole lot of faith in the human race, I don't think we are going to be around that awful long, I think we will ruin ourselves.

out

Comments on "Uzbekistan Human Rights Violations"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com