, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

January 26, 2006

War On Terror Killings


The other day I was listening to Face The Nation via podcast and one of the guests was Senator McCain. The topic was the botched missile strike in Pakistan that killed like 18 civilians. McCain was asked about this particular issue and his response was "The War on terror has no boundaries." Oh really John is that so, I guess I'm only lead to believe that killing civilians is just fine and acceptable all in the name of "the war on terror."

Why, why do we as Americans put people from other countries below us? Is the mother from Pakistan who got blown to bits any less than you or I? If you agree that she is post a comment and give me your reasoning why she is.

OK, let me pose this hypothetical situation to you. lets say that the military has Knowlege that a terrorist is among 20 unsuspecting Americans in a city here state side. The military then sends a missile into the crowd and kills all 20 civilians but no terrorist. Is that ok, in the name of fighting terror? If not, then why is it ok in another country? Is it because they may not be as advanced as you or I. They don't have a lot of money, or a big car or house. Is that how we measure the worth of a human life in another part of the world? Honestly if you agree that it was ok to kill these people in the name of "fighting terrorism" leave a comment and explain your reasoning to me.

I think that is one of the most disgusting things I have heard from McCain in a long time.

out

Comments on "War On Terror Killings"

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (1/26/2006 9:58 AM) : 

Human life is very precious. It is truyl a gift.

I may be thinking of a different situation - but I thought that the airstrike did kill some al quaeda members who were chemicals experts. Is that true here?

If it is, then thousands of lives could have been saved at the cost of those 18. Does this make it right? Absolutely not - it is still sickening - but I would hate to have to make that decision.

American or Pakistani, if you know thousands of lives are at stake - I think you have to pull the trigger - as disgusting as that is.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (1/26/2006 12:45 PM) : 

I'll comment further in 24 hours when I am back from work because I'm out the door as we speak.

Although, would you "pull the trigger" on your family or friends here in the U.S.?

Hey Budda thanks for the comment have a great day.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (1/28/2006 7:12 AM) : 

Well, I know some media sources were putting out that indeed some strategic targets were killed that was a distortion or more to the point an out right lie.

The only targets that were killed were women and children their husbands and fathers and some assorted livestock.

We wonder why some hate us. I'm not bashing the U.S. only here I'm just saying that in my mind I can understand why some hate us.

out

 

Blogger citizen shelly said ... (1/31/2006 11:52 PM) : 

I agree with you, John McCain is just like the rest of them. To them, American lives are more important than any other, and no one else matters. This bombing was a damn tragedy. People in this country noticed, but the government barely did and the media hardly at all. It was covered pretty well in a few podcasts, but that's not enough!

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (2/15/2006 2:55 PM) : 

I can guarantee that I would not pull the trigger on my family and friends. . .

but that does not necessarily mean that I would be making the best decision.

What if not pulling the trigger costs us the lives of our family and friends down the road?

Like I said. . . definitely not a decision I would want to have to make.

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com