, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

February 27, 2006

By this time tomorrow we should be well on our way to a nice sunny beach. We're going over to Omaha this afternoon so we don't have to get up at 3 tomorrow morning and go over. Generally we always like to go some place warm in the winter to break up the shit weather we have here (although it has been a rather warm winter.) We like to go in January or early February but it did not work out that way this year Sam was busy as a cat covering crap at work.

I'm loading up the ipod with lots of good podcasts Mark, Madge, Jon from SF, Jonathan from London and assorted others. I figure the ipod will keep my mind off of the thought of breathing funky air in the jet (kinda anal about that.)

I've flown a lot and I've flown many places. I've always actually enjoyed sitting in major airports and observing people. People traveling throughout the world that you will never see again. Last year....where the hell were we going......maybe it was a couple years ago in Seattle a couple came up to me who were from what I assumed an Asianic nation and needed help finding their flight on the monitor. They were going to Beijing. Their flight was boarding and I told them to crazy run. They made it because they were boarding just up the way. What I'm getting at here is that I spoke to these people just briefly but they were really nice and I will never see them again and who knows where they are in the world right now or what their story is.

I find people very interesting and that is why I like observing people from all over the globe.

out

Comments on ""

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (2/27/2006 10:22 AM) : 

well, i'm happy for you.

really I am.

y'know Mike, we've had an amicable relationshi thus far (despite our differing opinions) . . .

but I can't stand it any longer.

THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!

i want to go to the beach :(

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/27/2006 10:33 AM) : 

Thanks Budda, I appriciate your civility to me and I'm sure it goes the other way as well.

Hey how about I just send you a picture of me sunning my pasty white skinny ass, would that due or would that make you natious?

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com