, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

February 17, 2006

Fixie Observations

So I have the new Pista which I have been riding. First off I flipped the stem so that it was not a "riser" instead it now takes on the more track look. At this point being 32 years old I must wish eternal damn nation upon my body because with the flipped stem the geometry is further aggressive. As I rode the bike I was thinking this is a a really fun bike buuuuut I'll probably swap out the 16 for a 17 on the rear..........errrrrr I guess it already has a 17.....that was rather humbling.

Love the bike, it's a gas to ride and it makes me feel so gay and giddy with a hint of warmth inside.

out

Comments on "Fixie Observations"

 

Blogger 3p0 said ... (2/17/2006 7:37 PM) : 

my fixed gear buddies have convinced me that a 15 or 16 is a good gear for a fix.. that way when you start going faster, or downhill you don't get in over your head...

gettin bucked off because your trying to keep up rotation wise sucks....

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/17/2006 8:42 PM) : 

Yeah I agree, I'm going to leave it as is. It's not that big of a deal at all and yeah if I ran a larger "go gear" your right I would start spinning out.

I'm trying to think right now who the company is that produces ti single speed cogs that are really really cool looking. They were featured in Dirt Rag a few months ago. I suppose I'm going to have to flip through a few mags to find it.

 

Blogger donk said ... (2/20/2006 9:53 AM) : 

I hope it isn't impolite to put this up, I saw your site linked from lincolnbiking, but I think the cogs might be Boone (they are cool looking for sure:
http://www.boonerings.com/about.htm

 

Blogger donk said ... (2/20/2006 10:12 AM) : 

I guess my post was about two steps away from the actual cogs:
http://www.boonerings.com/cr/orderformchainring.html
but you would have to search somewhere like mtbr.com in the forums for photos, maybe I just can't find photos on Boone's website.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/20/2006 4:23 PM) : 

Heck no, it's cool of course. Hell the only thing I don't allow is someone making an abusive comment. In that case they get their ass deleted.

thanks for the link

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com