, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

February 13, 2006

My Valentines Day Present


Got home from work today and found my Valentines day present to be a Bianchi Pista.

Yep, a single speed fixie. Brakes... fuck em. I'll probably end up running a toe clip style pedal but for now I have my old hashed out Welgos that are hand-me-downs from my mountain bike then on to the Vanilla. I know, I know junked out cheap pedals on an expensive Vanilla. You know what, these pedals work great and they were cheap, not to mention my wife and I don't just buy everything that comes down the pike... oopps I guess with the exception of a Pista.

Oh by the way, Sam picked up this fire breathing steed at Monkey Wrench Bicycles. Nate (who owns Monkey Wrench) and Eric (who works with him) are really really nice guys they don't have that little pain in the ass cyclist attitude that I despise so much. I guess that is why I have always peddled alone, it's difficult to find "unaffected" folks to ride with. I'm a loner, a bicycle hermit, a cycling nomad of sorts. Again, great bicycle shop and really nice folks.

out

Comments on "My Valentines Day Present"

 

Anonymous bri said ... (2/14/2006 7:43 PM) : 

what a nice wife you have sir!!!
she could get you chocolate or flowers and instead she gets you a bike. guess you married the right lady!
happy valentine's day mike- sorry you can't be at home to enjoy it :-(
see you in a week and a half!
bri

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/17/2006 7:39 AM) : 

Bri, I'm having dirty thoughts about the warm weather on the gulf. In fact I'm having down right midevil dirty thoughts about swimming in the gulf because it's like....5 outside.

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (2/17/2006 7:57 AM) : 

Mike,

Now I mean this is the nicest possible way . . .

but it seems as though the color scheme of your webpage has spilled over to your house.

I'm all for color - but this is a little . . . well . . . icky.

:)

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/17/2006 8:37 AM) : 

Budda, your killing me man. Actually it's kinda funny, we bought our house from our next door neighbors and after we painted the dining room this color they were driving by and locked up the brakes when they looked in the window.

Color wise you either love it or hate it. With the flash in the picture it actually looks a bit brighter but in reality is kind of a mediteranian rose type color.

The living room is a really really light green that is an interesting color as well.

By the way, we never painted any of the oak woodwork anywhere in the house.

Budda have a great day!

 

Blogger 3p0 said ... (2/17/2006 6:32 PM) : 

thats a mighty fine lookin ride there dude, congrats

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com