, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

February 11, 2006

New Books

While I was away at work my wife picked up a couple books for me. The first book,Darfur looked like an interesting book and I know that the author is well versed on the ongoing conflict or more to the point genocide in the Sudan. The second book,
Asphalt Nation I've known about for a while but hesitated getting it until I spoke to a guy in the coffee shop that was reading it. I'm not much interested in a book that just bashes cars and that's it, nothing informative or thought provoking. This guy assured me that this book did not lean that way.

Both of the books look to be really interesting so I'm looking forward to some good reads.

out

Comments on "New Books"

 

Blogger Filemore said ... (2/18/2006 11:06 AM) : 

My name is Butch. And i strongly recommend that book. I was the person that you spoke with at the coffee shop.

Wood fenders? Look dope, but i haven't heard anything positive about actively using them. Most people that have used them go back to the SKS. Not that they wouldn't look good on the Nilla'. That things is dope!

Keep riding and reading!

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/18/2006 6:34 PM) : 

Hey Butch, yeah the book is great thanks for recomending it. I'm only a couple chapters into it but as you said it's packed full of information.

 

Blogger Filemore said ... (2/18/2006 8:34 PM) : 

Yeah!

Don't mean to be a dork, but it is really hard to read your print(fontsize).

Just thought you might want to know.

I guess i might just need glasses too?

 

Blogger Filemore said ... (2/18/2006 8:35 PM) : 

I really enjoyed the last few chapters. They were the "action" parts of the book. Pretty cool, and i think you will probably get into them. Good Blog!

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/18/2006 8:41 PM) : 

No no that is ok I'll have to get that changed right away, I noticed on another computer the other day that it was really tiny on that screen. I must have this pc set a bit different. Thanks for the heads up I appriciate that.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (2/18/2006 9:04 PM) : 

Any better Butch? Yeah I'm kinda lazy about the maintenance on the blog sometimes.

 

Blogger Filemore said ... (2/20/2006 7:38 AM) : 

Way better!

And by the way your colors of your house in your pictures aren't bad or icky. I guess that is one person opinion, but we have some funky colors in our house too and enjoy them quite a bit. Its nice to come home to a space that is truly origional and your area.

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (2/21/2006 1:08 PM) : 

Now now,

I never said bad . . .

just icky.

I'm cool with color - my living room is yellow :)

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com