, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

March 17, 2006

Oh The luxury

Here is a quick bit on what our members of Congress drive. I was not aware that when your a member of Congress your entitled to a leased car at taxpayers expense. Several of the automobiles listed are in my opinion are not out of line but some...Jesus Christ some are over the edge. 1 million bucks is what is costs us, wow that is a bunch of money. So do you think folks would not run for Congress if they were not afforded a leased car? Doubt it. I say ditch this perk and save us the money. Luxury cars, big cars and the always popular suv, we are so taken by the thought of nice automobiles, it's really sad. Hey maybe I could donate my wife's suv, it's a 93 Jeep although it's a real piece of shit. Yeah yeah I know I have an suv. Hey I married into it and it has 175,000 miles on it so we are getting more use out of it than most people. When it finally does croak we will be getting something much smaller.

Congress and their leased cars, it's really sad that poor people who pay taxes are paying for something that in no way shape or form they could ever afford. What's more, they are paying for the transportation to get their Congress member to the hill so they can vote on legislation that will wreck their lives... oh the irony.

out

Comments on "Oh The luxury"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com