, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

April 16, 2006

Interesting Article

I just finished the article "The Iran Plans" by Seymour Hersh in the April 17, 2006 edition of the New Yorker. I guess the biggest thing that I gathered from this article is the complexity of the Iran situation. Hersh interviews many many people for this article, everyone from neo-cons to civilian military personnel who are absolutely against going into Iran let alone using nuclear weapons against them.

I hope and I'm sure the rest of the world hopes that this little nutty man in charge of Iran is like doing his usual.... just swinging a big stick up until the last moment then backs down a bit. I myself find it absolutely unthinkable that we would even consider using tactical nuclear weapons. I think that may speak volumes of our society. The idea would not even be brought up had the neo-cons not thought that they could get away with it in regard to the American public's opinion.

I'm sad that as Americans we would consider incinerating innocent men, women and children. I'm sad that as a country we honestly feel the need to consider using such weapons so that we can feel safe.

Let me switch gears for one moment and raise a more than likely unpopular thought that I have. It's widely excepted that when we dropped the two atomic bombs on Japan we saved thousands of American lives. OK, well what about all the innocent Japanese that we burned up literally into ash never to be seen again, almost as though they never existed on this globe? tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands... all innocent, all just like you and me. Can you honestly say truthfully that thousands of American lives were worth hundreds of thousands of Japanese lives...all innocent? I can't.

If you want this article email me, I would be glad to send it to you, it's better than spending 4 bucks to read it.

out

Comments on "Interesting Article"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com