, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

April 08, 2006

Plugging a book....rarely do I do it

Sam Harris, the author of End of Faith is an atheist... there it's out in the open. I read End of Faith and you don't have to be an atheist to understand it or agree with some or all of the book. Sam Harris raises some very good points and asks some very hard questions in regard to religion. His book is not an all out bash on religion, if it was I would not have bought the book. What he does is try and give examples where irrational thought has lead to violence, killing and intolerance for century after century. Anyway, it's a good book and I actually enjoyed it. Again it's not a religion bashing book, it merely talks a lot about history and our unwillingness to learn from past mistakes that we have made in the name of religion.

If anyone wants to borrow this book EMAIL me.

Comments on "Plugging a book....rarely do I do it"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com