, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

May 18, 2006

More observations from my porch

A couple days ago I was taking in the neighborhood from my porch, it was morning and time for everyone to get to get'n (except me with my funky go to work anytime during the 24 hour clock.) As I'm holding the boards down on my porch I see my next door neighbor to the north ride out of his driveway on his way to work. At that point I see the two girls two houses up jump on bikes and head off to private school which is at least 4 miles from here. Next their dad head to work on his bike (he rides most days.) Next the 60 year old guy several houses up heads off on his commuter (he rides most days as well.) Lastly I look down a few houses to a rather frequently used residential street and there are many bicycles heading into the city center down this street.

I really really like to see this. You by no means have to bicycle to work or school every day. Twice a week maybe... would even be great. I hope all of these folks had a n enjoyable ride and will consider doing it again.

out

Comments on "More observations from my porch"

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (5/18/2006 8:52 AM) : 

Ahhhh . . . serenity

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/18/2006 4:42 PM) : 

Ahhhh Budda.... you come up with the perfect words at the perfect moment. Should we all humm a little tune?

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com