, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

May 02, 2006

Only really cool people run cork

A couple days ago I got my cork grips from Rivendell Bicycles. Cork grips what the hell you say, well they are pretty cool I have not got them on my bar yet but when I hold them and pretend to be riding a bike around the living room they feel pretty good. I think I'll put them on my flat shorty bar on my fixed gear.

I've looked at Rivendell's web site a bunch of times but the catalog they sent me is really really cool. The catalog not only has parts and things but also has history of some of the manufacturers some dating back to the early 20th century. They have a huge selection of bags, panniers and so on. I run Berthoud panniers and they are great I like the "old" look of them. Anyway I'm going to ride my "air" bike around the living room with my new cork grips now.

out

Comments on "Only really cool people run cork"

 

Blogger Thomas said ... (5/02/2006 10:02 PM) : 

I am relatively new to Seattle. How does a person from the flatlands of Houston get used to the hills of Seattle?

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/02/2006 10:35 PM) : 

I don't know, I don't live in Seattle.

 

Blogger Filemore said ... (5/04/2006 7:17 AM) : 

Those grips are nice. Rivendell has such nice classic equipment. I am glad that they are out in the market place putting out more refined parts and baggage. It's nice to see parts etc. that have stood the test of time, but still are keeping their spot at the top. Phil Wood hubs, wool, wax, and books...yes, please!

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com