, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

May 11, 2006

Sammi's new commuter

My wife got her birthday present this evening. She is now the proud owner of a Bianchi Castro valley commuter bike (click on my photos in the upper left.) Ditched the black plastic fenders, put on the wood ones and had a bit of striping done. Shortly it will be outfitted with some Berthound bags and racks.

Nate and Eric from Monkey Wrench sold it to me, pretty good guys there although I would never tell them that they may get a big heads. These are the same guys my wife bought the Pista from.

Comments on "Sammi's new commuter"

 

Anonymous Andrew Turley said ... (5/12/2006 1:04 PM) : 

OK, I come across your blog from time to time. And every time, I'm assulted by the purple-on-gray color scheme. Please, for the love of god, change your background color or your text color. There is so little color contrast between the background and the text that I usually have to highlight the text in order to read it. I want to read your blog, but you are not making it easy.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/13/2006 5:44 AM) : 

I know the purple highlight is not actually the greatest but your having a tough time reading black text on a gray background?????

OK fair enough I'll change it up just a bit, thanks for the heads up I appriciate it... honestly.

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/13/2006 3:24 PM) : 

Andrew, is it just the purple "links" lettering that is driving you up the wall??? I've asked around and viewed the site on several different computers with many different resolutions and other than the purple the black on gray shows up really well.

Let me know...

 

Blogger budda43 said ... (5/15/2006 6:39 AM) : 

Hey Mike,

I don't get black on gray text here on Firefox. I get purple on gray (however, I can still read it). The links are a slightly bolder shade of purple.

But I've grown accustomed to the color scheme. I no longer vomit when I first logon anymore. That's good right?

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/15/2006 7:28 AM) : 

Hey Budda thanks... Hmmmm all colors are HTML code, funny that it's different. I have some ideas please hold tight folks. Christ why did someone not say anything earlier... purple on gray??

 

Blogger Nathan said ... (5/15/2006 9:42 AM) : 

Sorry - I've gotten so used to just hitting my zap button that I don't hardly notice anymore. Yeah, the color scheme is atrocious. ;) I'm still getting the purple-on-grey here in Firefox...

 

Blogger Nathan said ... (5/15/2006 9:47 AM) : 

Oh, and nice looking bike, BTW. I'm not big on pin-striping but I am big on those wood fenders - classy!

 

Blogger Bicycle Commuter Mike said ... (5/18/2006 7:05 AM) : 

Yeah Nathan the fenders are pretty hot. The pin striping is not for everyone for sure. Having a street rod and 60's muscle car background I kinda dig the striping. My Dad was more than happy to take Sam's bike to his guy for the paint, he digs bikes and striping so what a combination to him I guess.

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com