, , ,

pedalsandpolitics[at]gmail

Name:
Location: 40 dgrs. 48' 26.34" N, 96 dgrs. 40' 05.96" W, United States

Liberal bicycle commuter, political junkie, policy junkie, free thinker, I've got too many titles. All in all I'll leave it with a quote from the late Senator Paul Wellstone of Minn. "Politics is not about big money and power games, it's about the improvment of peoples lives."

|

June 24, 2006

Gas is going up

I'm fairly spit on the announcement that our gas tax is going to be hiked again. First and foremost I don't really give a crap because my wife and I buy sooo little gas. What's more in my mind I guess I believe that gas should be far more expensive so maybe we can get people out of their cars more and at the same time urge them to buy a more reasonable vehicle when it comes to fuel economy. I'll say this, taxing fuel is one way to only tax those who use the roads. As a bicyclist I use the roads but I do not cause any wear and tear on them in the least so this tax won't and shouldn't apply to me. Now on the other hand living in one of the most expensive states that you can live in as far as taxes go I think that it's crap that they continually have to soak the consumer here. I find it so interesting how people absolutely flee this state upon retirement to live some place cheaper and our state government doesn't get it.

Comments on "Gas is going up"

 

post a comment
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com